LINKS FOR ACCESSING EACH ONLINE SESSION WILL BE SENT TO YOU AFTER REGISTRATION TO THE XBRL EUROPE DIGITAL WEEK, ONLINE CONFERENCE
SBR & ESG SESSION
GoToWebinar provided by XBRL Europe – 17th of June 2020, 14:00 CET
The SBR / ESG session will start the 17th afternoon with a first slot of SBR presentations about SBR in the Nordic countries with the Nordic Smart Government and then the next steps on SBR in Europe. Then the ESG (Environmental Social and Governemental) reporting session will see various presentations from national standard setters and from dedicated frameworks with a real landscape on the various frameworks. This last subject is particularly hot with the present revision of the NFRD (Non Financial Reporting Directive) from the European Commission.
14:00 – 14:05 – Introduction
- Gilles Maguet (Chief Executive Officer XBRL Europe), Frans Hietbrink (XBRL NL and co-chair SBR WG), Elina Koskentalo (XBRL Finland and co-chair SBR WG), René Van der Meij (XBRL NL and co-chair ESG WG) and Matthieu Garat (Labrador and co-chair ESG WG)
STANDARD BUSINESS REPORTING (SBR) TRACK
14:05 – 14:30 – Nordic Smart Government and the common Nordic Road Map
- Speaker: Elina Koskentalo (XBRL Finland and co-chair SBR WG)
- In this presentation Elina will give an update on Nordic Smart Government and the common Nordic road map that aims to full digitalization of SMEs and interoperability in the Nordics.
14:30 – 14:55 – SBR – the next step: Qualified Information Exchange
- Speaker: Frans Hietbrink (XBRL NL and co-chair SBR WG)
- Regarding the exchange of data there is a rising need for the qualification of all involved identities and the action taken upon data in the exchange between two or more persons. To assure Qualified Information Exchange, multiple components are required, including electronic IDs (eIDs), data, processes, technical protocols and support. There is a need for an architecture in which identifying persons, exchanging information, authorizing external parties and signing documents, will become more user-friendly and secure. In this presentation Frans will give a personal update from Netherlands Tax regarding the development of digital ecosystems in a cooperation between science, business and government.
14:55 – 15:00 – Wrap-up – Frans Hietbrink (XBRL NL and co-chair SBR WG), Elina Koskentalo (XBRL Finland and co-chair SBR WG),
ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL AND GOVERNANCE (ESG) TRACK
15:00 – 15:05 – Introduction on ESG Track
- Speakers: René Van der Meij (XBRL NL and co-chair ESG WG) and Matthieu Garat (Labrador and co-chair ESG WG)
15:05 – 15:25 – ESG standards and initiatives
- Speaker: Tord Andersson (RVA Consulting)
- Many different initiatives and standards on ESG reporting have arised. In this presentation Tord will give a wide overview of different standards such as GRI, SASB and TCFD.
15:30 – 15:50 – ESG in France and EU by the French Standard Setter ANC
- Speaker: Patrick de Cambourg (Autorité des Normes Comptables (ANC) Chair)
15:55 – 16:15 – Q&A and small break
16:20 – 16:40 – Standardizing GHG emissions data financed by Loans and Investment
- Speaker: Giel Linthorst (Director Sustainable Finance and Executive Director of PCAF Secretariat)
- The Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials (PCAF) is a global industry-led initiative of over 60 financial institutions to standardize the measurement and disclosure of the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions financed by loans and investments in line with the GHG Protocol. Next to developing and harmonizing methodologies to measure financed emissions, the PCAF participants have joined forces to improve the availability and quality of GHG emissions data. Over the past years, the Dutch PCAF participants have collaborated with the Dutch government and governmental agencies to get access to actual energy consumption data and thus GHG emissions data for their mortgages and business loans portfolio. In this presentation, you will hear more about these experiences and the future plans of PCAF related to standardizing GHG emissions dataflows based on XBRL and related to the EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive (NFRD).
16:45 – 17:05 – Tackling globally standardized ESG disclosure is a business imperative, a data-centric approach supported by XBRL
- Speaker: Prof. dr. Erik Beulen (Chairman XBRL NL and full professor Information Management at Tilburg University, the Netherlands)
- ESG is an important topic. Important for our society and valuation of companies, as well an opportunity to expand XBRL in non-financial reporting. The positioning of XBRL as standard requires our full focus. How can we expand XBRL ?
17:05 – Wrap-up – René Van der Meij (XBRL NL and co-chair ESG WG) and Matthieu Garat (Labrador and co-chair ESG WG)