Welcome on the Bank and Insurance WG webpage!
The Bank and Insurance Working Group has been created in 2008 to contribute to the regulatory reporting process for the banking and insurance sectors in Europe (institutions under supervision of EBA/ECB and EIOPA), with the following main objectives:
- Gather and share experiences and lessons learned from preparers
- Liaise and facilitate the dialogue between various stakeholders related to COREP, FINREP and Solvency II
In 2019, with a renewed mandate and team, the groupe will have monthly meetings.
The next meeting BIWG2019-5 will take place during the XBRL Europe Summer Day in Paris on May 28th-29th. See event webpage for more info.
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone. Access Code: 605-123-517.
Austria: +43 7 2081 5427 Belgium: +32 28 93 7018 Denmark: +45 32 72 03 82
Finland: +358 923 17 0568 France: +33 170 950 594 Germany: +49 692 5736 7317 Ireland: +353 15 360 728 Italy: +39 0 247 92 13 01 Netherlands: +31 207 941 377 Spain: +34 932 75 2004 United Kingdom: +44 330 221 0088 United States: +1 (646) 749-3129
The 2019 mandate and roadmap is:
|MANDATE/ROADMAP FOR THE BANK & INSURANCE WORKING GROUP IN 2019|
|I) Share news on the updates and modifications of the taxonomies for banking and insurance|
[continuation of previous years]
Entry by taxonomy owner (EBA, EIOPA, ECB, SRB)
– Discuss roadmap
– Discuss technical issues (validations, wrong modelling)
– Follow agenda of change/update
– Share on implementation issues (new standards, changes in filing process)
|II) Exchange points of view from filers, regulators, service providers on reporting concepts/process|
[central task in 2019]
Entry by business concept / semantic (transversal)
– Understand and define (link with BIRD): issues and proposals (harmonisation/integration)
– Identify inconsistencies in various uses of a same concept (in different reports / regulators / countries) and analyse their causes and impact
– Proposal for convergence: propose 1 common definition (links with standards / identifiers)
|III) Share on Banks Statements standardisation|
[based on NL SBR Banking experience]
Entry by existing taxonomies proposed by « SBR Bank NL »
– Banking Taxonomy for Credit Reporting for loan applications
– Real-estate Taxonomy for real estate valuations for real estate financing
– Standard Bank Statement Taxonomy to provide auditors with overviews of the outstanding financial positions and products for their audit clients
|IV) Link between ESEF and banks/insurance|
[later in 2019, as ESEF is presently discussed in transversal groups]
|V) Extend contacts with industry members and representatives|